Tuesday, October 23, 2018

Lessons From the Pros

Weekly Newsletter

To view this email as a web page, click here.

Logo
Lessons
From The Pros
October 22, 2018
Featured  |  By Gabe Velazquez
Does “Deliberate” Describe the Way you Trade?
Words have always fascinated me: their origin, meaning and use in sentences. When I come across a word that I’ve never heard or don’t know the meaning of, I immediately go to the Dictionary app on my phone to look it up. Once I learn the definition, I begin to incorporate it into my vocabulary…read more
Proactive Investor  |  By Russ Allen
Subtracting Volatility by Adding It
In last month's article, Rate of Return and Risk, I discussed how return and risk are related. One of the key points was that the types of assets that produce the highest returns also provide the greatest risk of losing principal (like stocks); another was that overall market risk can be reduced by diversifying among… read more
Taxes  |  By Michael Atias
Tax Planning Opportunities in 2018
We are now officially in the last quarter of 2018 and our focus should shift to tax planning. Let's start with an overview of the 2017 Tax Cuts and Jobs Act, aka the new tax reform and how it affects us. Major Tax Reform Changes for 2018: Standard deduction has doubled to $12,000 (Single) or… read more
Text
The Week Ahead  |  By Merlin Rothfeld
The Market Has Been Giving Us a Bit of a Scare
Overall the market is still holding its own despite some substantial volatility. Will fear take its toll as we creep closer to the scariest holiday of the year?
The Market Has Been Giving Us a Bit of a Scare
 
Watch Now Logo

No comments:

Post a Comment